When it comes to switching to a plant-based diet, there are many things to consider. To help make the switch easier, here are 10 steps you can take as you transition.
1. Start slowly – As with any big change, it’s best to start slowly and gradually build your way up. Begin by having at least one plant-based meal each day and gradually increase that until you’re eating all or mostly plant-based.
2. Educate yourself – When making the switch to a plant-based diet, it’s important to educate yourself about nutrition and what foods provide certain nutrients that your body needs for optimal health. Try Including plant based Protein powders as they can help add that extra protein boost to your plan with ease.
3. Know your protein sources – protein is an essential nutrient for good health so be sure to incorporate plenty of legumes, nuts, seeds and whole grains into your meals to ensure that you get enough protein on a daily basis.
4. Focus on vegetables – vegetables should be at the forefront of any healthy diet plan, no matter what kind of diet you’re following. Choose dark green leafy vegetables such as kale and spinach as well as colorful bell peppers, eggplants and more when creating your meals.
5. Eat more fruits – fruits are an important part of any diet because they provide vitamins, minerals and fibre that keep us feeling full longer between meals and snacks throughout the day. Aim for two servings per day for maximum benefit.
6. Stock up on pantry staples – make sure that your pantry is stocked with tortillas, beans, quinoa, nuts/seeds/nut butters and other basics so that meals can come together quickly during busy weeks!
7. Experiment with new recipes – don’t be afraid to try out new recipes or flavour combinations in order to keep things interesting! There are plenty of delicious vegan cookbooks available these days—try some out!
8. Meal prep ahead of time – meal prep is key when transitioning to a plant-based diet so make sure to set aside some time each week to prepare food ahead of time so it can easily be reheated later in the week when needed!
9. Find support – making dietary changes can often feel overwhelming or lonely so find people who will provide emotional support during this process (and who won’t judge!) It’s important to surround yourself with positive people who understand why you made this choice and can encourage you along the way!
10. Celebrate your successes - celebrate every small milestone along the way whether it's trying a new vegetable or meal prepping like a pro, these achievements should not go unnoticed!
Congratulate yourself for sticking with it even if just for today; tomorrow brings another opportunity!