If you’re looking to go vegan, or just add more plant-based foods into your diet, you may be wondering what the best way to do it is. There are so many options out there, and it can be tough to know where to start. In this blog post, we will discuss some of the best plant-based foods to eat to make the switch to a plant-based diet easy and enjoyable!
There are many reasons why people choose to eat a plant-based diet. For some, it’s a health decision; for others, it’s an ethical choice. Whatever your reason for wanting to try out this type of eating, know that there are plenty of delicious and nutritious options available. Here are some of the best plant-based foods to eat:
– Beans and legumes: These are a great source of plant protein and fiber. Some of our favorite beans to eat are black beans, lentils, and chickpeas. You can use them in a variety of dishes, such as soups, stews, salads, or even just as a side dish.
– Whole grains: Grains are another great source of plant protein and fiber. Some of our favorites include quinoa, brown rice, and oats. You can use them in a variety of dishes, or even just as a simple side dish.
– Vegetables: vegetables are an important part of any diet, but they are especially important on a plant-based diet. They are a great source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Some of our favorites include broccoli, kale, and carrots.
– Fruits: Fruits are a great source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. They can be eaten as a snack or used in a variety of recipes. Some of our favorites include apples, bananas, and berries.
– Nuts and seeds: Nuts and seeds are a great source of plant protein, healthy fats, and vitamins and minerals. Some of our favorites include almonds, walnuts, and flaxseeds. You can use them in a variety of recipes or just eat them as a snack.
- plant-based milk: There are many plant-based milks available on the market, such as soy milk, almond milk, and coconut milk. You can use them in a variety of recipes or just drink them plain.
- Plant Based Protein Powders: There are quite a few of these on the market but make your choice carefully as many of them are packed with chemicals and manufactured flavours which can cause gut issues for many people. Look for products that offer real food ingredients and if it takes you 10 minutes to read the ingredient list then keep in mind that the only ingredient in an apple is APPLE! Less is more in this case.
Making the switch to a plant-based diet can be daunting, but it doesn’t have to be. Start by slowly adding more plant-based foods into your diet. Experiment with different recipes and find ones that you enjoy. You may be surprised at how easy and delicious plant-based eating can be! If you have any questions or need some recipe ideas, go to www.thatprotein recipe section.