5 Important Reasons You Should Be Eating Oats!
We all know that porridge helps with heart health and is high in fibre but more information about other health benefits has recently come to light.
1. A new study of over 3000 people has shown that eating 3 portions of whole grains a day (and porridge is a whole grain) can reduce your waist size which makes it an ideal food to help with weight loss.
2. The study showed that eating porridge can help maintain healthy blood pressure and blood sugar levels
3. Oats are a prebiotic which means they help good gut bacteria flourish in your gut.
4. Be educated on the kind of oats you choose as eg instant oats are highly processed and can cause spikes in blood sugar but rolled oats won’t cause these swings.
5. And finally for celiacs or people with gluten intolerance or allergy only gluten free oats are suitable as only gluten free oats are tested to ensure they contain 20 parts per million of less of gluten TP allow them to be legally labelled “gluten free”
That Protein’s Protein Porridges are made with British Gluten Free Oats and tested to ensure they are gluten free. A great choice for breakfast with lots of plant protein and other amazing nutrition from the highest quality natural sources in the blends.